It’s been a while. I have no excuse and can only offer apologies for the lack of posts around here lately. In a way, I just kind of mentally checked out of the blog this week. Well, since the beginning of the year, really. Anyway, in no particular order, here’s a list of what’s been going on:
1. I finished reading Water For Elephants. Wow, what a wonderful and deeply satisfying read. It’s also inspiring to see just how fantastic a NaNoWriMo novel can be.
2. I cast on and completed a pair of felted clogs (a ravelry link). They are are so awesome, everyone should make a pair. 2 pairs, even.
3. I cast on the Bird in Hand mittens and they are coming along quite nicely. In fact, stranded knitting may very well be my new favorite thing. Pictures soon.
4. I have a new asthma doctor and a new asthma medication. I hope to be breathing better soon.
5. My tendinitis has flared up again. I think it might have something to do with my trying to knit faster, which I remember trying to do last time, too. My new mantra: I do not need to hold the world record. I can knit at the speed which is comfortable for my body. It’s OK if it takes more than a day to complete a pair of socks. I do not need to hold the world record. Om.
6. We have a new president. I tried to capture the moment yesterday while watching the ceremony on the teevee machine and knitting, only to fail miserably at getting any good photos. I was moved to tears by his speech, especially the part where he referred to the sacrifices of our ancestors and reminded us that those sacrifices were made for us. It was amazing.
7. I have been sitting so still in this room for so long that the automatic lights have switched off.