This morning I had really strange dream that I was riding the bus to … somewhere and Lady Gaga was on the bus, singing. It was followed by a really crazy science-fictiony dream (coming soon to a NaNoWriMo near you!), so the Lady Gaga dream is kind of hazy now, but I do remember that she seemed like a pretty fun person to hang out with while riding a bus. Then I watched her new video, Judas and realized that I am extremely happy to unlikely ever be riding on the same bus as Lady Gaga.
Browsing my site stats today, because I am geeky like that, I found some strange search terms pointing at my blog.
1. Carpets Don’t Eat People. No, no they do not. And THANK GOODNESS for that.
2. Bad Boys For Life. Um, I’m pretty sure they did not find what they were looking for here.
3. Evar. That’s right, EVAR!!!
1. I wore my new sweater out today. It was pretty awesome.
2. I took the chicken purse out in public today too. That was also pretty awesome.
3. Without a new smallish project to work on, I took my sister’s shawl to the park to work on.
4. I managed 2 rows.
5. I think I screwed one of them up.
6. I am prowling Ravelry for projects.
7. I need something smallish and portable that isn’t socks.
8. Not sure why I don’t want to knit socks, but there you go.
9. I’m thinking I’ll do some stash diving this weekend.
10. Or maybe tomorrow.
11. Once I decide what I’ll be casting on.
How was your day?
I have this recurring dream where I’m on a large airplane, and the plane is trying to take off, but for whatever reason, the pilot is unable to get it far enough off the ground to clear a nearby mountain range. The plane is forced to land in the forest on this huge mountain, and there are airport workers all over (you know, the guys with the ear protection and the reflective vests and the flashlights) directing us back to the airport. In my dream, I’m always making friendly chit-chat with another passenger as we walk first through the forest and then down through a series of staircases back to the airport where, I’m assuming, we’ll board another plane. This morning while I was dreaming this, I connected it somehow to another dream I’d had earlier of having a baby, and as I was waking up I remember thinking (as I descended the series of staircases) that I had left my one day old newborn at home without pumping any milk.
I did a quick Google search of this (and other recurring dreams I’ve had) and am always surprised at how many people report similar dreams (even the chewing gum dream appears to be a common one!). I’m not sure what the dream is trying to tell me, but I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have anything to do with erectile dysfunction.
1. Supermoon is super! Go outside and look!
2. This recipe for tapioca pudding is quite good. Tempering eggs is tricky but it so worth it. Om nom nom.
3. I taught my second sock class today! We learned how to make a short row heel. It went great! Next week is the super stretchy cast off and then they graduate!
4. Tomorrow? Shopping, possibly. Or maybe just chilling out. It’s been a long week and I have very little knitting to show for it. (Although I did get a lot of knitting done at the LYS today. Pictures tomorrow!)
5. Now gerroffa my lawn you kids! I’m tryin’ to watch Community!!! (On Hulu.) BYE!
Couldn’t sleep. Up late.
Daylight Savings will end me.
Thanks for nothing, Ben.
(brought to you by Plinky.com)
Enclosed please find one photo of a knitted work in progress, as per your request. I hope it is to your liking.
Kindest and best regards,
I find myself peering at the
Profile picture you have posted
And comparing it
In my mind’s eye
To the one of us
So many years ago
Round pubescent faces
Hair sticking out in all directions
Could that be you?
One if my first friends
Lost but not forgotten
Found again on Facebook.
Today is one of those days where I am really only posting because I promised that I would. Earlier we met with other members of our homeschooling group for a bit of sledding and I am right now actively avoiding the dishes and making dinner. Tonight I have the first rehearsal for the spring concert and I am dead tired. Also my internet is not working properly and I should probably restart my computer. My feet are cold and my fingers and the rest of me is cold too even though I am wearing woolen slippers and a sweater and hand mitts. Perhaps a hat would help? I think my thyroid level may be off because in addition to the intolerance to cold I have been unusually abrupt with the kids which makes me sad. I don’t like feeling like I’m yelling at them all the time. Most of the time it’s not even their fault. So yeah, I’m only posting here because I promised I would and I’m not even attempting to come up with a topic. Well, I did attempt to for a while, and I even poked and prodded the depths of the internet for some material, but honestly, I got nothing. Oh, there is one thing. I worked on my Baktus scarf last night and I was thinking how quickly the second half of it goes because the rows are getting shorter and shorter and I suddenly became afraid that I was decreasing too frequently because the rows were going so quickly. I don’t think that I was, though. That’s just how fast the back side of that knit goes. I hope to be finished with it in a couple of days. I even brought it with me to the sledding event, but it was far too cold to get out my knitting so I just sat and drank Chai instead.
Is 300 stream of consciousness words enough? Or should I shoot for 500? Well, now it’s 530 pm and I only have an hour and a half to do the dishes, make some sort of food which I shall loosely term “dinner” and get ready for orchestra. I guess a little over 350 is going to have to do it.
Egypt watch continues, tensions are escalating. Unable to form complete sentences. Needed something silly.