Today has been one of those days where my adrenal fatigue has gotten the better of me and I’ve spent very little time doing much of anything, much less anything of interest. To that end, I am going to wrap myself in wool and retire from the computer to my bed wherein I shall read and/or knit for the rest of the evening. Here’s hoping tomorrow is a better day. Cheers!
I purchased this Crazy Zauberball because I felt that I should teach my sock class with a yarn which the shop actually has in stock. (I didn’t want to waltz in there with a gorgeous ball of Wollmeise or even some Yarn Pirate, yanno?) Anyway, lately her sock yarn selection has left much to be desired and this was actually the only thing I really liked enough to purchase. So, I started knitting and knitting and knitting and this is all I have to show for it.
I feel badly that I don’t have more progress to show for it, too. I am just generally kind of stalled out on everything this week because I have been so fatigued, and, as much as I adore this yarn, I really feel like it wants to be something else. Wouldn’t it be a pretty little shawl or scarf? Once that idea was planted in my head, I found it really hard to keep on knitting socks. But honestly? I really do need a new pair of socks and I really DON’T need another scarf. (I am wearing the crap out of the last scarf I made, and I look fabulous doing it too.)
1. My energy levels have been all wonky lately, hence the quietness of The Blog.
2. I am working on it w/ my Doctor, but in the mean time, I’ve been spending a lot of time on tumblr. If you aren’t familiar with tumblr, it’s kind of like a step up from twitter. If twitter is a micro-blog, then tumblr is a mini-blog. I’m still trying to get the hang of it, but ya’ll? I really like it. Check it out. You have to be a tumblr follower of mine to leave a comment (which means you have to have a tumblr account) or you can just subscribe to my tumblr rss feed. Either way is cool, but you know how I love the comments.
3. I was playing around with Plurk for a while, as a possible replacement to Facebook, but not enough none of my FB buddies were similarly motivated to follow me over to Plurk, so I give up. I will focus on Twittering and Tumblring instead.
4. Speaking of Twitter, I gave in. I guess now that it’s not in the news every two seconds, it’s more tolerable. The only problem is I find I get that stupid Fail Whale a lot. Twitter, if you’re going to be the “in” thing, please get some more servers! Which reminds me. I am troubled that it isn’t immediately apparent how Twitter makes money. There aren’t any ads that I can see. So, where are they getting the scratch for that operation? It’s a mystery.
My plan, since I am new to Tour De Fleece, is to just spin every day and get through as much of my fiber stash as I can. Granted, I am a new spinner, and my stash is not as enormous as it could be, but I do have a fair amount of fiber. Right now I have some Spunky Eclectic Corriedale on my bobbin. When that’s done I’ll move onto the Romney fleece that I’d had processed a while back. There’s a crapton of that, but if by some miracle I get through it all, I will move onto the alpaca and then the quiviut blend that I picked up at the Sheep and Wool Festival in April. GO TEAM HOAR!
6. I started a new sock:
Hopefully, this sock with this yarn will get finished this time.
7. I finished a scarf for E4.
Yes, it is a fun-fur scarf. Yes, I knitted it against my will. But, before you knock the fun-fur scarf, keep in mind that the whole thing only took up about an hour of knitting time. Maybe less. And, when people see the fun-fur scarf, they think you are a god damned genius.
8. We are dog sitting.
My friend and her family went out to Salt Lake for 3 weeks to visit family. Things are going well on this end. Sandy is a very good dog, but she still finds the cats to be terrifying, stabbity creatures. Doozer is still being kind of a jerk, although Lolly has warmed up to her quite a bit. No pictures of them all together, though. It usually doesn’t end well.
9. I’ve printed my NaNo 2009 for a reread/rewrite. I think this could be a good book, ya’ll. But it needs some work. A lot of work. And when I say “a lot”, I mean a LOT. Interested in being a reader? Leave me a comment. I’d love some feedback on it.
And that is all. The Blog is now updated. How’ve you all been?