1. The alpaca handspun has been locked in a smallish box with the mini dehumidifier I ordered from amazon for several days now. Very soon, maybe even tomorrow, I can either wrap the skeins into hanks or get started knitting with them. There is much to do, what with only 149 days until Christmas Day.
2. I finished the hand spun baby sweater:
It still needs a wash, but I think I’ll call it done for now anyway.
3. I thought I might’ve had enough leftover yarn to make a cute little hat to go with it but alas:
It wasn’t meant to be.
4. Lolly has, at long last, warmed up to Snowflake enough to share the big poofy cat bed (actually a bean bag chair) with him.
As you can see, he’s rather pleased with himself.
Since I’m still waiting for that alpaca yarn to dry, I decided to go ahead and order one of these. If this doesn’t work to dry my hand spun yarns, nothing will and I’ll probably have to only wash yarns in the “drier” season. Which I’m told is what passes for winter around these parts. In the meantime, I shall comfort myself with the cutest wee tiny cookie jar ever.
(actually it’s a mug, but it’s too cute to use as a mug I think)
1. This morning I woke from a dream where I was frantically trying to knit a sharktopus for a boy in a wheelchair who desperately wanted one, but no matter how many stitches I knitted, I was never any closer to finishing it.
2. I have a cardiac stress test today. I’m a little stressed that I have to drive over to the testing place in the snow. I wonder if that will affect my test? Also, I did not know we were supposed to have a snow storm today and so did not get to do any PANIC shopping. Even though we have plenty of food in the house, I am stressed about it. I would call to reschedule my test, but I’ve already rescheduled it once and I just want to get it over with.
3. I’ve been working on some orange socks to use up the last of the 2nd hank of STR from Catkin.
4. Speaking of which, check out the nifty thingamabob my husband got for us to use on our iPhones:
Essentially, it’s a rubber band with a phone-sized lens in the middle. You put it around your iPhone, line up the lens with your camera and it makes it so you can take cool macro photos with your iPhone! Check it out:
4. Hubs and I finally got through all of Downton Abbey. OMG YOU GUYS HAVE YOU SEEN THIS SHOW? I know, I’m a little late to the party. If you are even later to the party than I was, you can check out the whole first season on Netflix streaming. PBS has some (but not all) second season episodes available as well. I’m not sure how long they will be legally available online, though, so you better clear your schedule and make plans to not sleep for a couple of days to get through them all. Or become a pirate. I suppose that’s an option as well. Arr!
5. Leap Day 2008: Finished Object Friday
1. I’m such a big fat liar. I never stopped by here this weekend to post pictures of my knitting. Mostly it’s because this weekend was kind of weird and partly because I haven’t taken any pictures of knitting in a good long while.
2. I have knitted the first section of my Catkin, the section with the garter stitch stripes, and have moved on to the textured section which is a single color. It’s extremely slow going because I have to pay attention to the chart and literally cannot do anything else. I can’t watch TV or even attempt to carry on a conversation. Must. Focus. On the. Chart. Ugh.
3. I still have not blocked my sister’s shawl. 2 weekends ago, she came over and we were going to do it together, but we pretty much forgot all about it. And, as I said, this weekend was kind of weird so it still isn’t done.
4. I want to do it on the weekend so she can help me with it, because that thing is enormous.
5. I suddenly realized that I may not have enough pins for blocking it. Crap.
6. The NY S&W festival is this coming weekend. I have to be honest, my enthusiasm for going this year is waning. There isn’t really anything I want (or have to) buy there, and I can’t eat the food, so there is a whole other level of schlep involved which makes the idea of going much less appealing. Hrm.
7. I’m pretty sure that even if I do decide to go, I won’t be wearing a finished Catkin as I’d originally planned. The damn thing just requires too much concentration.
8. Here is a picture of Doozer in a box.
1. When we finally ventured out after TS Irene blew through, we discovered a tree down on our street:
Thankfully, it was considerate enough to fall away from the wires. We would have certainly lost power if it had fallen the other way.
2. Today, I made one of these:
What is it, you ask?
A Kindle cover for my new Kindle (which arrived just this week)! I used this pattern from Etsy and I am so happy with it. I am also happy with my Kindle. Now I can take all my books wherever I go, and in a stylish cover too. I love living in the future!
3. I have a bunch of stuff on the Kindle, but right now I am reading Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. Steampunk/Zombies=awesome!
4. I have made serious progress on my sister’s shawl! I have only half repeat of the tiny triangles left to go! And then it’s on to the edge! I’m so thrilled and excited I can’t tell you. No pictures, right now though. It still looks like a blue blob.
5. It’s Labor Day weekend! Thank a union.
I haven’t forgotten you. I hope to come back tomorrow with a post, but we shall see. In the mean time, here is a picture of Lolly in a chicken hat.
1. Work on the Blue Blossom Shawl is progressing swiftly now, without all those stitch markers slowing me down.
2. I’ve gotten through 6 repeats of the twee little triangles and have only 6 more to go.
3. I was busy goofing off with my TAS today and so didn’t get any pictures of it (or anything else, really) today.
4. We went shopping.
5. I got a new dress and a KitchenAid mixer!
6. We’ve been watching Jekyll on Netflix.
7. It’s really good.
8. Like, really really good.