I sat down dutifully today with the Blue Blossom Shawl, a bunch of knitting tools, and my camera. The plan was to document my first attempt at lace surgery a la Romi.
Two problems were immediately apparent. One, the lace pattern shifts every 8 rows, making it difficult to see where the beginning of the round is supposed to be. And two, I didn’t know WHAT THE FUCK I was doing. Once I figured that out, I decided to go with my plan B and thread in a life line and frog back to before all those dropped stitches, only about one pattern repeat. There is no picture of this because, while it’s something that seems simple, it was not actually simple. I thought maybe it would be easier to do a life line if I took out the needles. It wasn’t. So at that point, laid it out on the couch and admired my handiwork:
And then I frogged the shit out of it.
Here’s the pile of stitch markers that fell out of it:
So yeah. That was my knitting day. I didn’t even get a chance to take pictures of Ruffled Baktus. Stupid axial tilt!