You had to know the memes were coming. It was only a matter of time, really. I’ve been following the Painted Sheep blog for a while and she does this Ten on Tuesday thing from Carole Knits so I figured, why the hell not? So here goes.
This week’s theme is 10 Favorite Oscar-winning movies. I tried (unsuccessfully) to keep it to Best Pictures only. So here they are, in order of release date:
- Gone With the Wind (Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time.)
- West Side Story (It has some of the best music to come out of the musical era of Hollywood.)
- Amadeus (Always made me wonder how close to real life the move was.)
- Rain Man (the height of my Tom Cruise crush. I’m over him now, but back then? Yum-my!)
- Dances With Wolves (Back when Kevin Costner was cool.)
- Silence of the Lambs (Oh Anthony Hopkins, you were so delightfully and frightfully evil!)
- American Beauty (An all around great movie.)
- Chicago (First musical to win since Oliver!)
- Slumdog Millionaire (The contrasts in this movie were so striking and the tale was artfully told.)
- Ingourious Basterds (The only one on my list that wasn’t a Best Picture win. Which is too bad, really. It was a really amazing movie!)
We love movies in our house and we watch a lot of them. Not all Oscar quality movies either, hah! What Oscar winners are your favorites?