Apologies for the lateness of today’s post! It’s been one of those days. So! Ten on Tuesday! This week’s topic is 10 favorite snacks and since I went gluten-free (also dairy free) last year, I spend a good-sized chunk of my time searching out gluten-free (also dairy free) snacks. SO! Here are my 10 favorite gluten-free (also dairy free) snacks!
1. Veggie Straws: Love them when I am craving salty crunchy snacks!
2. Popcorn: Another salty favorite! I oil pop mine on the stove the old-fashioned way. Mmm…
3. These Chocolate Chip Cookies: So hard not to eat the whole batch in one sitting.
4. Coconut Yogurt: Pricey, but oh so delicious. (I’m trying to work out how to make my own in the crockpot.)
5. Bananas: Cheap, Perfect, portable, potassium. Eat them up, yum.
6. Any kind of fruit, really. I love watermelon, blackberries, apples, pears, rainier cherries, really good peaches. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait until the summer PYO season.
7. Nuts: Cashews are a favorite, but also almonds or brazil nuts or pecans.
8. Celery sticks: I like them smeared with peanut butter or (tofu!) cream cheese. One of these days I’ll mix up some dairy free ranch dip.
9. Orange Juice: does juice count as a snack? OJ is the perfect pick-me-up and goes well with a banana or a handful of cashews for a quick and filling mini-meal.
10. Herbal tea: ever since I gave up caffeine, I’ve been drinking a lot of herbal tea with honey. Mint in the morning and afternoon, and delicious Sleepytime Extra in the evening.
So that’s Ten on Tuesday for this week! What are your favorite snacks, gluten-free or otherwise?
3 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday: Gluten-Free (also Dairy Free) edition!”
Orange juice is far more than a snack. It’s a food group unto itself.
I’ve become a complete prune junkie. I don’t know why, because not so much with the dried apricots or the raisins. But prunes– something about the moisture and meatiness– I can eat half a bucket of them if I’m not careful. And with a bit of yogurt or cashew/almond butter and a little agave nectar– nom, nom, nom.
Mmmm….love bananas. And grapes. Fruit is awesome. : )
Comments are closed.