I got these from SunflowerFairy (thanks)! Jump on in, the water’s fine!
Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for the most part, but gift bags are fun, too.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. There’s less mess, and just a one time investment instead of a yearly fee.
3. When do you put up the tree? Preferably the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? On the Epiphany. (The epiphany usually being something like “holy shit, why is that tree still up? It’s freaking January 6th already!”)
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it. When I was a kid, my dad would drink eggnog mixed with 7-Up. I know it sounds weird, but it’s good. Really.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Cabbage patch doll. I’ve still got her, too. :-)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Hubby. We usually pick out our own gifts, which is fine and actually works out very well for both of us.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Me, for the same reason as #7.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. We have this one from Haba the boys can play with.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? The ol’ snail mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can’t remember.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. Elf is a new favorite. This one looks promising.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I did all my shopping in October this year. I wanted to be all done so I could enjoy NaNoWriMo without the additional stress of holiday prep.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chocolate.
16. Lights on the tree? Lots! And multi-colored, not white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Lately, Oh Holy Night is a favorite, along with The Holly and the Ivy (with the original, pagan lyrics), and the advent carol that Sting did: Gabrielle’s Message.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Definitely stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donder and Blitzen. Rudolph was always my favorite, though.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Certain despised “Christmas” songs played over and over and over on certain radio stations (that shall remain nameless).
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? Santa.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? Yarn. Or hand knits. Or knitting paraphenalia. Perhaps some pretty rosewood needles. Or the glass ones.
24. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
25. Favorite Christmas dinner? Chili.
Happy Holidays, everyone!
2 thoughts on “Christmas Questions: A Meme”
Well, OK then, I think more’n’more we’re sisters-separated-at-birth. Pagan lyrics? Why yes, thank you, I b’lieve I will! I spent a fair bit of time as a morris dancer (those lovely pagan fertility dances, &c). I did this meme too, but as an e-mail and then only to the couple people who’d sent it to me. (I don’t love them as e-mails.) Ent it interesting, this whole innerwebs deal?
We take our real tree down in May, or whenever the BH gets around to taking it down. I’m allergic to pine needles.
Hey… your blog is snowing. Holy shit!
Comments are closed.