I’m running a KAL on Facebook this year so January was a whirlwind of dishcloth designing. I created this one for February, in celebration of Purim, the Jewish holiday of costumes and gifts of food where we remember that one time someone tried to do a genocide against us and failed so miserably that he was executed. We’ll boo his name for the rest of time 🤣 “They tried to kill us, we lived, let’s eat!”
This pattern is available in my Ravelry shop for $1 or you can purchase it directly from me via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s Shabbat y’all! I love Shabbat so much so I just had to create this Shabbat dishcloth chart. It makes a good sized cloth large enough to cover a small plump challah. You could also add rows between the upper and lower borders to add length if your challot are rather a bit bigger haha.
Available for purchase in my Ravelry shop here or I can send it to you directly with a minimum $1 donation via PayPal to email@example.com.
This is a riff on a recipe that bubbled up on my FB timeline. It was a video tutorial that made me watch a god damn 2 minute ad so I’m posting my version of the recipe here so I don’t have to go back there again 😂
1 can refried beans
1 can Ro-Tel
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 box chicken stock
optional: leftover taco meat from last night
Put everything into the Instant Pot and set it for 5 minutes. Serve with corn chips, sour cream, avocado, cheese. SO YUMMY. All the menfolk had 2 servings, which is a ding-dang miracle since the boys aren’t usually soup eaters.
And a very lovely golden sunset it was, too!
At park day today I finished up one dishrag and cast on another. No I didn’t take a picture. Yes I had my camera with me. What are you trying to insinuate? I was too busy trying (and failing) to keep E out of the dirt. And no, I don’t know how I managed get some knitting done, so don’t ask. Besides, then I had to listen to E complain loudly all the way home about his impending shower (YES WITH SOAP) and how much he hates Park Day. Gah.
- 2 oz Kahlua or coffee brandy
- Soy Milk
- Pour the Kahlua or coffee brandy into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass.
- Fill with soy milk.
PUT ON A TIE!
Happy Mother’s Day all!
I am cleaning out my old FlyLady Control Journal and came across this in the “Personal” section. I’m not sure where it came from (likely it was Ye Olde Internete) or who wrote it, but it’s funny.
- On the first day of creation, God created the cat.
- On the second day, God created man to serve the cat.
- On the third day, God created all the animals of the earth to serve as potential food for the cat.
- On the fourth day, God created honest toil so that man could labor for the good of the cat.
- On the fifth day, God created the sparkle ball so that the cat might or might not play with it.
- On the sixth day, God created veterinary science to keep the cat healthy and man broke.
- On the seventh day, God tried to rest, but he had to scoop the litter box.