This is a riff on a recipe that bubbled up on my FB timeline. It was a video tutorial that made me watch a god damn 2 minute ad so I’m posting my version of the recipe here so I don’t have to go back there again 😂
1 can refried beans
1 can Ro-Tel
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 box chicken stock
optional: leftover taco meat from last night
Put everything into the Instant Pot and set it for 5 minutes. Serve with corn chips, sour cream, avocado, cheese. SO YUMMY. All the menfolk had 2 servings, which is a ding-dang miracle since the boys aren’t usually soup eaters.
And a very lovely golden sunset it was, too!
At park day today I finished up one dishrag and cast on another. No I didn’t take a picture. Yes I had my camera with me. What are you trying to insinuate? I was too busy trying (and failing) to keep E out of the dirt. And no, I don’t know how I managed get some knitting done, so don’t ask. Besides, then I had to listen to E complain loudly all the way home about his impending shower (YES WITH SOAP) and how much he hates Park Day. Gah.
- 2 oz Kahlua or coffee brandy
- Soy Milk
- Pour the Kahlua or coffee brandy into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass.
- Fill with soy milk.
PUT ON A TIE!
Happy Mother’s Day all!
I am cleaning out my old FlyLady Control Journal and came across this in the “Personal” section. I’m not sure where it came from (likely it was Ye Olde Internete) or who wrote it, but it’s funny.
- On the first day of creation, God created the cat.
- On the second day, God created man to serve the cat.
- On the third day, God created all the animals of the earth to serve as potential food for the cat.
- On the fourth day, God created honest toil so that man could labor for the good of the cat.
- On the fifth day, God created the sparkle ball so that the cat might or might not play with it.
- On the sixth day, God created veterinary science to keep the cat healthy and man broke.
- On the seventh day, God tried to rest, but he had to scoop the litter box.
I blog about as often as I journal. Which is to say, never. That is bad. Writing is good. I want to write more–I need more writing in my life.
Here are my resoutions this year:
1. More writing. I need a creative outlet. I figure this blog can help. We’ll see. It hasn’t so far. Maybe I can try posting once a month?
2. More yoga. I’m shooting for 3 yoga sessions/week.
3. More knitting. Yes, that is a resolution, even though I am already knitting a lot. I’d like to try sweaters this year. I’ve been knitting with determination for about 3 years now and I still have not made a sweater. It’s about time I did. In fact, I’ve started a sweater for E. It’s the children’s neck-down cardigan from Knitting Pure and Simple. I love this pattern. I love this sweater, even though I’m knitting it in an inexpensive acryllic blend yarn. It’s soft, at least, and will be adorable on him.
Also, to add to my knitting, I’ve joined the yahoo monthly dishcloth knit along. This has been great fun so far, and a great practice for me at having UFO’s. Usually, with small projects especially, I will knit and knit and knit obsessively the one project until it’s finished. It turns out that when you have multiple projects going, you can switch back and forth and that’s fun because there’s variety. (I can thank the Doctor Who scarf for this revelation. I was very tempted to strangle myself with 16 feet of multi-striped garter stitch. The good news is I can see the light at the end of the time vortex–it’s almost finished.)
OK, so those are my resolutions. Not too unreasonable, I think. I guess I can post blogs about how they are going. I definitely want to post about knitting. I’ve been geeking out on all the knitting blogs (the Harlot is still my favorite by far) and, evidently, I really enjoy reading about what other people are knitting. Weird, I know.
Why am I starting a blog?
To have a forum for exploring thoughts and ideas, a place to flex my writing muscles, a place to write more and write better.
There is a lot going on in my life which I need to work out and I believe keeping a “journal” like this will help.
This can also be a way for friends and family to keep up with what is going on in my life.
So, welcome to my blog. I hope you like it.