1. When we finally ventured out after TS Irene blew through, we discovered a tree down on our street:
Thankfully, it was considerate enough to fall away from the wires. We would have certainly lost power if it had fallen the other way.
2. Today, I made one of these:
What is it, you ask?
A Kindle cover for my new Kindle (which arrived just this week)! I used this pattern from Etsy and I am so happy with it. I am also happy with my Kindle. Now I can take all my books wherever I go, and in a stylish cover too. I love living in the future!
3. I have a bunch of stuff on the Kindle, but right now I am reading Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. Steampunk/Zombies=awesome!
4. I have made serious progress on my sister’s shawl! I have only half repeat of the tiny triangles left to go! And then it’s on to the edge! I’m so thrilled and excited I can’t tell you. No pictures, right now though. It still looks like a blue blob.
5. It’s Labor Day weekend! Thank a union.