1. When we finally ventured out after TS Irene blew through, we discovered a tree down on our street:
Thankfully, it was considerate enough to fall away from the wires. We would have certainly lost power if it had fallen the other way.
2. Today, I made one of these:
What is it, you ask?
A Kindle cover for my new Kindle (which arrived just this week)! I used this pattern from Etsy and I am so happy with it. I am also happy with my Kindle. Now I can take all my books wherever I go, and in a stylish cover too. I love living in the future!
3. I have a bunch of stuff on the Kindle, but right now I am reading Boneshaker by Cherie Priest. Steampunk/Zombies=awesome!
4. I have made serious progress on my sister’s shawl! I have only half repeat of the tiny triangles left to go! And then it’s on to the edge! I’m so thrilled and excited I can’t tell you. No pictures, right now though. It still looks like a blue blob.
5. It’s Labor Day weekend! Thank a union.
1. I spent Friday night in the ER, thanks to a Starbuck’s barista playing fast and loose with the procedures that keep cow’s milk and soy milk separate. Note to all Starbucks baristas: soy milk and cow’s milk are not interchangeable! And yes, I really can tell the difference.
2. 11 years ago yesterday, my husband and I were married in a small private ceremony at Niagara Falls in Ontario, Canada.
Eleven years and I love him more now than I did the day we were married. <3
3. I finished one pair of Knucks and cast on another the very next day:
People, if you haven’t made these yet, don’t let the finishing work put you off! It’s really not that bad. So go. Go now and make some Knucks!
4. Today is 10-10-10. Just sayin’.
5. Last night as I fell asleep, I was trying to come up with an idea for my NaNoWriMo novel this year. I woke up this morning with a great idea involving a bus, temporal displacement, and a sleepy mountain town in Colorado. Now to come up with a large cast of characters.