I was doing a knitting but then
Because sometimes the Blog just needs it.
1. I finished knitting on my sweater just a couple of hours after my last blog post.
2. Work on the yoke has commenced; pictures soon.
3. I have been riveted by the news coming out of Haiti. If you haven’t already, go to your preferred aid organization and give what money you can. Every bit helps.
4. The Mr. and I have started watching True Blood.
5. I have mixed feelings about this, being categorically opposed to post-Anne Rice vampire tales on the one hand, and needing solid entertainment while knitting on the other.
6. I worry that I might find myself saying things like “fangtastic”.
7. I ordered a iPod touch using our American Express reward points.
8. It is awesome.
9. The only thing that would make it better would be a camera.
10. And access to the internet wherever I go.
11. A dedicated Mafia Wars app would be nice too.
12. Here is a recent picture of Doozer, LOLtagged for your LMFAO convenience.
Happy Labor Day, ya’ll!
I do have knitting content for you, but I have rather too many dishes in my sink to do a post about it. So for today, cat pictures and a bonus poem.
Doozer is slightly too large for his cat bed.
Lolly is slightly too small.
What do I have to say about it?
Evidently nothing at all.
On Saturday, I introduced an addition to our family, Lolly. She’s a 4 (or 5) month old torti-tabby we brought home as a companion for Doozer. Considering that Doozer has been an only cat for as long as he has, he’s actually taking the whole thing rather well. This morning we arrived at a major kitty milestone:
Eating breakfast together without making any growly noises.
Ooh boy, I’m going to have to change the name of this blog to “We Interrupt This Knitting Blog to Bring You Pictures of Cats”. And we’ll have Yakity Sax playing in the background. Sorry, but there is news.
When Persi left with my TAS a couple of weeks ago some of Doozer’s behavioral issues came back. He started chewing up boxes again. He started stalking and biting the kids (and me!) again. After some thought, we realized that perhaps what he really needed is a companion–another kitty to chase and bite. So, we contacted the rescue group that got us Doozer and last week we met this girl:
And today we brought her home! Meet Lolly:
She’s about 4 months old and likes to watch TV and pounce on things. Doozer is, shall we say, rather less than thrilled. But we think that once he gets used to the idea they’ll get along smashingly!
Last night, I finished a sweater. For a cat. Doozer hates it. He especially hated when I LOL’d at him for 15 minutes straight.
Lucky for him, it’s for Persi, who was looking very chilly the last time I saw her.
The details are [raveled].
Can I help you?
The saga continues…
You must be logged in to post a comment.