1 lb ground beast (tonight we used turkey sausages, squeezed from their casings and crumbled)
some chopped onion (tonight it was only 1/4 of an onion)
some chopped carrot (I had a couple of handfuls of shredded carrots)
some chopped celery (2 or 3 ribs, whatever you like)
some chopped rainbow chard (I had about 1 bunch)
a bit of oil (whatever looks right)
spices/herbs (your choice! Tonight I used garlic powder, dried oregano, and a teeny bit of chipotle powder)
cooked rice (white or brown, whatever you like!)
1. Start cooking your rice (if you don’t already have some leftover in the fridge)
2. Brown the meat (with a little oil if necessary) and set aside
4. saute the onion/carrot/celery in oil with some salt,
5. when the vegetables are softened and the onion is translucent, add in your spices and herbs
6. add the chard and cook until wilted
7. stir in the cooked rice
*one could also call this “dirty” rice, but a certain someone (E5) was quite put off by that name so we changed it.
Tomorrow: Hopefully the last Sweater Deathmatch post!
One thought on “Confetti Rice*: A recipe”
a couple of hours ago, I filled the rice maker with rice, dried onion, dried celery and lots of herbs and spices. Tomorrow morning, all have to do is add the water and hit start. Might add some red pepper and carrots but will probably just stir fry them to add after the machine beeps. Think I’ll be going meatless though.
Comments are closed.