It’s Tuesday again so you know what that means, fair reader! It’s meme day! This week’s topic, from the ever lovely CaroleKnits, is 10 Favorite Non-Knitting Blogs. My list goes up to eleven. Eleven!!!!!11!!!!!!!
1. BipolarLawyerCook: She used to blog about being a lawyer, but has since mothballed her JD and taken a job in retail. Sometimes she posts poems. Also recipes. It’s always good.
2. Gluten Free Girl and the Chef: I started following her blog when I learned I was gluten intolerant (and likely have Celiac’s disease!). She writes beautifully and takes amazing pictures of food. What’s not to love?
3. Hyperbole and a Half: A kind of web comic, with funny stories told hilariously with silly pictures. If you’ve never read it, start here.
4. Kate Harding: Kate Harding is a feminist who used to blog about Fat Acceptance and other stuff at Shapely Prose. When SP had sort of run its course, she started a personal blog about fat and other lefty feminist issues. I enjoy her writing very much.
5. Lesson’s Learned: My Totally Awesome Sister’s blog is really fantastic (when she’s blogging) and her posts never cease to make me proud to be her sister. Furthermore, I would read her blog even if I weren’t her sister.
6. My Cat is a Jerk: This is a blog that was really hilarious for a while but has gone quiet for a few months. You could probably read all 34 reasons in under an hour and laugh your ass off. Maybe she’ll even do another post one day.
7. Sleep Talkin’ Man: Adam’s nighttime ramblings recorded and posted on the blog by his wife Karen. Seriously? Best idea EVER.
8. The Rejectionist: LeR used to work for a literary agent (I think), rejecting author queries, but she very recently “did that thing which you should never, ever, ever do”. She quit her day job to write a book! Also, she’s a fabulous writer and her blog makes me laugh.
9. Tiger Beatdown: Another leftist feminist blog, well written. Team Tiger Beatdown is on top of the important issues.
10. Two Whole Cakes: A Fat Acceptance feminist blog, extremely well written. Lesley, is smart, funny, and sarcastic. Also, she’s fat. Sometimes her posts are a bit teal for my poor ADHD addled brain, but I still enjoy them very much. She also does a podcast with another Fat Acceptance blogger (TheRotund) which never ceases to educate and entertain.
11. Bonus! Whatever: John Scalzi is the author of Old Man’s War (if you haven’t read this series, GO NOW). His blog is funny, moving, and just an all around damn fine blog.
Not a bad list, and only one blog which has gone quiet over the last few months. You can read current posts from the feeds of all my favorite bloggers over in the side bar (just scroll down).
Happy Tuesday to all!